If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't like Kebabs!!! Everyone of us have eaten some kind of kebab, living in any part of the world.Kebabs have always been my favourite.
Kebabs first originated in Persia. Kebab comprises mostly of meat and vegetables, which are either grilled, roasted or deep fried. Kebabs can also be made in tandoor which tastes really good. The meat or veggies are usually marinated with spices and curds for hours and then placed in skewers and cooked.
These kebabs are not only gluten free but vegan too.
- 4 cups of boiled, mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green chillies
- 1 teaspoon garam massala
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons raisons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Heat 1tbs of oil in a pan and add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and dry fruits. Let the onions turn soft. Turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
- Take mashed potatoes in a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients along with the prepared onion mixture. Add green chillies and mint leaves.Mix them well and allow it to set it for an hour.
- Take the mixture and shape them in any desired shape or size of your choice.
- Preheat the dish for 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Arrange the shaped kebabs in the heated dish and drizzle some oil (I used about 1.5 tbs of oil). Set the microwave option to grill mode for 15 minutes.
- After 15minutes, turn the kebabs on the other side and drizzle some oil. Set the microwave again on grill mode and microwave it for 15minutes.
- Once done, serve hot with mint chutney and some cut onions rings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
Get whisked away.