If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has been a family tradition since before I can remember. Every Christmas Eve, my Nana makes these bite sized cheese breads to go around before dinner. I've never seen an appetizer disappear as fast as this one does with my family. This recipe is so simple with very few ingredients and requires minimal effort when hosting a party. The flavor of these cheese breads will have you craving them after the first bite! - GentrifriedSouth
Serves a crowd
- 1 loaf of Pepperidge Farm snack size sliced rye bread
- 1 block of extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 beaten eggs
- Cut the cheddar cheese into 1/2 inch cubes and slice the bacon into strips. In a mixing bowl, combine cheese, bacon, and eggs. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Place one heaping spoonful of the cheese mixture onto each slice of bread and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls