If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have never had Monkeybread you are missing out. I grew up eating MonkeyBread and I thought it would be nice to make smaller versions of them as a sweet breakfast treat. This is adapted from Hannah of Honey and Jam by adding orange zest and unsweetened cocoa. I promise your guests will not stop eating these! —Table9
Makes 1 dozen
- 3 Cans of Regular Buttermilk Biscuits (not the flaky ones or butter flavored)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest, Minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Juice from an Orange
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
- Preheat oven to the temperature required in the biscuit instructions.
- Pop open each biscuit can, and cut each biscuit into four equal pieces. Set aside.
- Pour granulated sugar, cinnamon, 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa and orange zest in a large Ziploc bag and put all the biscuit pieces inside. Seal it and shake to cover the biscuit pieces evenly.
- Place squares of parchment paper in inside each cup of a muffin tin or individual ramekins without parchment if you desire, filling each about 2/3 up. You can also make these in a bundt cake pan, I just prefer individual portable ones.
- In a skillet, combine brown sugar, 1/2 tablespoon cocoa, juice of orange and butter over low heat. Cook until butter is melted completely. Using a tablespoon, pour about 2 tablespoons of liquid over each muffin cup or ramekin.
- Bake for as long as recommended on the biscuit instructions. Remove and serve in parchment paper cups or eat them right out of the ramekin.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).