If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up in California where tacos, salsa, beans and rice were rooted into my asian blood. Buenos Aires doesn't have great Mexican food, though with lots of avocados, and my leftover crunchy-bits of corn chips, inspired this into a healthy satisfying breakfast. - FrancesRenHuang
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
- generous pinches of roasted cumin powder
- pinches of table salt
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped roughly
- generous splashes of lime juice
Scrambled Egg & Condiments
- 2~3 large eggs, whip with fork until color is pure yellow
- dashes of whole milk
- *generous handfuls corn chips
- sour cream, hot sauce (optional)
- Toast 2 tortillas in the oven or on a toaster while mixing ingredients for guacamole; set aside.
- Meanwhile, put a teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet, then set the pan over high heat; swirl the oil around until pan shimmers; pour in beaten egg.
- With a wooden spatula, slowly lift and fold eggs until they form into curds, and then until eggs are clumped, shiny and wet, 1~2 min.
- Divide the scrambled eggs on each tortilla and top it with guacamole.
- Serve with crunchy bits of corn chips, with an optional hot sauce and/or sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.