If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I taught Hospitality classes to GED students, one student was very passionate about creating a savory breakfast pie to play off of the ever-popular sausage biscuit sandwich. They had a great idea and from that I created this recipe that combines a classic cobbler dough with all the necessary ingredients to make the perfect hybrid of a quiche and a strata. —GentrifriedSouth
- 1 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- Place flour in a mixing bowl; cut in butter until fine crumbs form. Add milk, stirring with a fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. Turn out onto a floured surface; knead until dough comes together. Set aside.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a deep dish pie pan, melt butter in the oven.
- Roll out dough to a 9x13 rectangle. Top with cheddar cheese and cooked sausage.
- Roll up and slice into 2 inch slices like a jelly roll. Place slices in pie pan.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with cream, salt, and pepper. Pour over biscuit slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until completely cooked though.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).