If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: pretty sure this was originally a jamie oliver recipe. it is a beautiful simple and tasty dish. —jessm4
Makes enough for 5 peckish people
- 3 skinny aubergines/eggplants cut into 1/2cm rounds
- small handfuls mint
- small handfuls flat leaf (italian) parsley
- 1 glug of quality olive oil
- a pinches of salt and a grind of pepper
- 1 glug of italian white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced/finely chopped
- 10 slices of crunchy bread
- make the dressing by adding a roughly chopped parsley and mint, olive oil, vinegar, s+p, and garlic to a medium sized bowl.
- heat a griddle pan or bbq grill till quite hot then with a spalsh of oil add the eggplant turning regularly till both sides are coloured and have softened considerably in texture. when the eggplant is not far off add the slices of bread to the grill (or simply place in toaster however you won't get the lovely taste/appearance of the grill marks) and when toasted to your liking rub a cut in half clove of garlic over the bread.
- when the eggplant is done add it to the the dressing bowl and give a good mix ensuring all pieces get well coated. then it's time to plate up-simply place it on the slightly chared toast and pour over any excess dressing so all the flavour soaks into the toast.