If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is a chilly morning and a warm Dutch Baby (also known as a German pancake) will be just the thing to serve for breakfast! This sweet treat is similar to Yorkshire pudding and is best served with lemon and confectioner's sugar. Don't be disappointed when the pancake falls soon after being removed from the oven. Make sure you eat it while still warm; it is not nearly as good when it is cold! —WeLikeToCook
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- lemon wedges
- Confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 425oF. Place butter in a 10" skillet or heavy baking dish and place in oven while preheating. Remove the pan before butter starts to brown.
- In the meantime, beat eggs until foamy; add milk, flour, salt and vanilla and blend together until just mixed.
- Pour into hot skillet and return to oven for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
- Remove the pancake from oven and dust with confectioner’s sugar. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and extra pats of butter. When the lemon juice mixes with the confectioner's sugar it makes a creamy lemony sauce that is perfect.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.