Author Notes: Christmas morning would not be the same without this on the table. Dust with powdered sugar and place it on a foot caked stand and it looks wonderful as it tastes! - MEngkvist
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cups maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 loaves of bakery cinnamon swirl bread
- powdered sugar
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add raisins to bowl.
- Cut bread in 1 inch chunks. Fold into bowl with liquid ingredients. Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour soaked bread into lightly buttered 9" springform pan. Place on jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Tags: can be made ahead