If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: I did not know that cauliflower could actually be tasty. I never ate this vegetable flower in any other way than cooked or steamed and like that it needs a lot of cheese sauce to make it something edible. Best I had, was left over cauliflower with cheese and breadcrumbs in the oven. I gave up on this vegetable, also because it is so big and without a freezer you end up eating this not too tasty dish to many days in a row. This all belongs to the past… recently I buy cauliflower happily in any size and consume it even more readily. So if you have had similar experiences, I would say: give cauliflower another chance, it can really be a very tasty flower. Here comes the trick: bake it in the oven! Because of this technique the cauliflower gets a nutty flavor which is irresistible together with garlic. - Janneke Verheij
- 1/2 cauliflower (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- drizzle of sun flower oil
- 1 small stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F. Cut the cauliflower in small roses and dispatch them on a baking tray. Drizzle generously with oil and sprinkle with garlic powder so all the roses have a very thin garlic layer.
- Now take a stock cube between your fingers and squeeze it to dust, make sure there are no big chunks, they are not tasty. Sprinkle the stock cube over the cauliflower and toss everything together.
- Bake in the oven until soft and nicely colored.