If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an Austrian family recipe that my grand mother would make for us during the holiday - occasionally we would also have it for dinner too!! —Culinista Annouchka
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Confectioners sugar to serve
- Blend the milk and flour and stir until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, lemon, salt & 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Whisk until combined.
- Beat the egg white then just before cooking fold them into the batter and add the raisins last.
- In a large cooking pan on medium heat, add the remaining butter and pour the batter so that it is about 1 inch thick. Cook on medium heat until the pancake is a light golden color and slightly puffed up. Then flip it on the other side and continue to cook for another 30 seconds. Tear the pancake up with a fork into little bits while still in the pan and serve with a dusting of confectioners sugar & whipped cream and homemade applesauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.