If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a riff on the fruit tart my aunt totes along to family gatherings. Hers is glazed with orange marmalade; I sprinkle the berries with sugar and cinnamon. A lot of fruit pizza recipes I've seen floating around on the internet use cookie dough for the crust - too sweet for me. I used a pre-made pizza crust, but you could also make your own from purchased pizza dough. —wssmom
- 1 12-inch pre-made pizza crust (I use Whole Foods organic pizza crust)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) mascarpone (you can cheat and use regular cream cheese, it just won't taste as good!)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- About 2 cups of whatever berries are available - I used strawberries, blackberries and raspberries, but you could also add blueberries, or even thinly sliced peaches
- tiny mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brush pizza crust with melted butter and sprinkle with about half the sugar and cinnamon mixture
- Bake in preheated oven anywhere from 5-7 minutes, or just until the butter starts to sizzle and the crust begins to turn light brown. You don't want to overdo it, or you'll wind up with a 12-inch cracker.
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir lemon juice into mascarpone. If mixture seems a little too thick, you can thin it with a tiny bit of milk.
- Spread mascarpone evenly over cooled pie crust. Strew the berries artfully about, and sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Serve in wedges like pizza, garnished with a mint sprig.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
A Fine Line
Prep your baking pan easily, no matter its size
How to line a baking pan.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
A minimalist panzanella.
The chicest apron around.