If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: (Green tea French Toast with a Cranberry Compote) This particular recipe is Asian inspired that my friend and I came up with in order to try winning the contest at www.theydrawandcook.com, but unfortunately I didn't have time to finish the drawing so I thought this would a perfect place to relive that moment. The green tea is a subtle taste and the cranberry sauce gives it a good contrast. When assembled it looks like a Christmas Tree with Cranberries as "lights" and you can add powdered sugar for "snow". It's a fun breakfast for kids, but especially for adults!! - happycao
Green Tea French toast
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 thick slices of stale cranberry bread (or challah bread)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- orange zest (optional)
- Beat all ingredients except for bread together.
- Cut bread in half, diagonally and then dip them into the egg mixture, allowing them to soak up the mixture, (you can make the cranberry sauce while waiting). about 10 mins
- Heat butter on a large skillet, and fry the bread on both sides until you get them as brown as you like them.
- 1 bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup orange marmalade or cranberry jelly
- 2-4 tablespoons Maderia, bourbon or apple cider (optional)
- Put cranberries and marmalade in a saucepan, heat and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the mixture for 20 mins until it has reduced to a thick syrup.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the liquor now if you are using.
- Plate the 4 triangle french toast on the plate, with one overlapping each other so they create a "tree" and add the cranberry sauce on top or on the side. Adding extra fresh cranberries, orange zest and powdered sugar if you'd like to make it extra festive.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.