If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A deliciously heart healthy recipe made using Hunts Tomatoes. —mommiecooks
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 15 Oz. Can of Hunts Tomatoes
- 1 15 Oz. Can of Chickpeas
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- A few Shakes of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Bunch of Basil, Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Start off by heating up your oil in a pan on medium heat. Throw in your onion and garlic cook it up for a good 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now grab up your food processor and add to it 1/2 cup of the chickpeas,1/2 cup of the tomatoes, the lemon juice, cayenne, basil, paprika, salt and your cooked garlic and onions. Process it into a paste consistency.
- Rub about a half a cup of the paste over the entire chicken, and if you desire, under the skin for extra flavor.
- Grab your extra beans and tomatoes and stir them into the remaining paste to create a sauce. Pour it in with your chicken.
- Cover your dish and cook it at 400 degrees for the first half hour and then turn the oven down to 350 and cook it for another hour.
- Remove your cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted between the thigh and breast reads 165 degrees. If your top starts to get too brown, simply lay a piece of aluminum foil lightly over the top of your chicken.
A Quesadilla, Case Closed
An easy, summer dinner
A quesadilla, case closed.
Spike your granita with campari.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.