Author Notes: A deliciously heart healthy recipe made using Hunts Tomatoes. - mommiecooks
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 15 Oz. Can of Hunts Tomatoes
- 1 15 Oz. Can of Chickpeas
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- A few Shakes of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Bunch of Basil, Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Start off by heating up your oil in a pan on medium heat. Throw in your onion and garlic cook it up for a good 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now grab up your food processor and add to it 1/2 cup of the chickpeas,1/2 cup of the tomatoes, the lemon juice, cayenne, basil, paprika, salt and your cooked garlic and onions. Process it into a paste consistency.
- Rub about a half a cup of the paste over the entire chicken, and if you desire, under the skin for extra flavor.
- Grab your extra beans and tomatoes and stir them into the remaining paste to create a sauce. Pour it in with your chicken.
- Cover your dish and cook it at 400 degrees for the first half hour and then turn the oven down to 350 and cook it for another hour.
- Remove your cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted between the thigh and breast reads 165 degrees. If your top starts to get too brown, simply lay a piece of aluminum foil lightly over the top of your chicken.