Author Notes: My family recently moved from northern New Jersey to my childhood home in Pennsylvania. After my friends, it's the food I miss the most. You just can't get a good bagel (not to mention many/most other prepared foods) in my new town. Ask any Manhattanite (or NJ suburbanite) where to get the best bagel and prepare yourself for a diatribe about why their favorite bagel maker is the *only* place to go. Disagree, and be warned that you may be risking your life. - katylua
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 dash Tabasco
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped into 1/4" cubes
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 ounces caviar (red)
- Mix cream cheese and cream until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, Tabasco, scallion and capers. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the salmon and caviar.
- Serve with fresh-from-the-baker bagels. (Also good as an appetizer spread for crackers, melba toasts, french bread rounds, etc.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast