If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family recently moved from northern New Jersey to my childhood home in Pennsylvania. After my friends, it's the food I miss the most. You just can't get a good bagel (not to mention many/most other prepared foods) in my new town. Ask any Manhattanite (or NJ suburbanite) where to get the best bagel and prepare yourself for a diatribe about why their favorite bagel maker is the *only* place to go. Disagree, and be warned that you may be risking your life. - katylua
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 dash Tabasco
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped into 1/4" cubes
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 ounces caviar (red)
- Mix cream cheese and cream until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, Tabasco, scallion and capers. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the salmon and caviar.
- Serve with fresh-from-the-baker bagels. (Also good as an appetizer spread for crackers, melba toasts, french bread rounds, etc.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast