Author Notes: Our favorite perfectly fluffy pancakes. Every time we make them, we joke that with these pancakes every days is Sunday. - Egle
Makes 20-25 pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with butter or nonstick spray. Ladle the batter into the heated pan and cook until the top bubbles and the bottom is browned.
- Flip and cook until the other side is nicely browned. Serve as you like them. We like ours with powdered sugar, homemade jam and some sprinkled cinnamon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast