If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect crepes recipe comes from my family - my mom makes those moist think pancakes that instantly melts in your mouth.I serve them with salted caramel sauce (adapted from David Leibovitz) and toatsted walnuts. - Egle
Makes ~25-30 crepes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ~1200 milliliters milk
- pinch of salt
- * use as much flour as you need to obtain a fluid and homogeneous mixture. The batter should be fluid but not liquid.
- Beat eggs, sugar and salt in a bowl (mom uses an electric mixer). Pour half the milk, in the mixture, mix well.
- Whisk in some flour, whip and pour the rest of the milk until the dough has reached the desired consistence. Also, you can add some drops of vanilla extract and be sure not to forget a pinch of love.
- Heat up a large and flat skillet or crepe pan, add a thin layer of oil or butter. When the pan seems hot enough, it's time to cook crepes.
Salted Butter Caramel
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Spread the sugar in an even layer in a medium-sized, unlined heavy duty saucepan. Heat the sugar over moderate heat until the edges begin to melt. Use a heatproof utensil to gently stir the liquefied sugar from the bottom and edges towards the center, stirring, until all the sugar is dissolved. (Or most of it—there may be some lumps, which will melt later.)
- Continue to cook stirring infrequently until the caramel starts smoking and begins to smell like it's just about to burn. It won't take long.
- Once caramelized, remove from heat and stir in the butter and salt, until butter is melted, then gradually whisk in the cream, stirring as you go. The caramel may harden and seize, but return it to the heat and continue to stir over low heat until any hard caramel is melted.
- Serve over the crepes, ice creams, with some fruit slices. The caramel goes well almost with everything.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
All the Pastabilities
It's easy being green.
All the spring pastabilities.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
These chips are a little chili.
Judge our NEW books by their covers.
That was a close shave.