Author Notes: Adapted from a Mennonite Cookbook from the 1970's, these moist and yeasty rolls have become a family favorite. - Laurelwood Kitchen
Serves 2 dozen rolls
- 2 packets dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups cottage cheese - heated to luke warm
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 - 5 cups bread flour
- in small bowl, combine yeast and warm water
- In large bowl, combine yeast mixture and all remaining ingredients except flour and stir until well combined
- Slowly mix in flour....stirring with wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead 5 minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl, turning once. Cover and allow to rise until doubled.....about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down. Form into 24 equally-sized pieces and shape into balls.
- Place balls in 2 greased 9" round cake pans.
- Cover and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner Rolls