Author Notes: What can I say? I'm the cabbage lady. Anyways, here is the delicious results of some more experimentation with cabbage. - fiveandspice
- 1 medium-large head of red cabbage, cored and sliced finely
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thick (Greek style) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (plus a little more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced preserved lemon (optional but recommended)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta, optional
- Whisk the yogurt, honey, spices, preserved lemon, lemon juice and 1 Tbs. olive oil in a small bowl. Let stand for about 30 minutes to mingle the flavors.
- Heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add in the onion and cook until softened, 3 or so minutes. Then stir in the carrot and cabbage, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the cabbage is getting a bit tender but is still slightly crunchy, around10 minutes.
- Toss the cabbage mixture, the dressing, and the raisins together. Sprinkle with almonds and feta and serve warm over something like cooked farro, quinoa, or couscous, or on its own.