If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It vanished quickly. Jane (of the Small But Charming blog) inspired me with her post about baked oatmeal. I just had to make my own. Jane, I cannot thank you enough. I was somehow imagining granola bars, but no no no, not even close. So much better. Imagine combing the tastes of bread pudding, rice pudding, and oatmeal cookie dough, yes, that about sums it up. I ate two servings warm from the oven. It smelled so heavenly I decided I'd have to take up doing something with fresh ground cinnamon and nutmeg every morning. We also ate some for dessert (the same day). If I'd had a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream, well, I don't know what I would have done with myself. Perhaps its best I do not keep cream on hand. This recipe is delicious warm and it is delicious cold. Make some for yourself. Share it with someone, if you are in the mood. Oh, you are going to be so pleased. - chez danisse
Serves 2 (for a few days)
- 2 tablespoons butter (plus a little extra for buttering your baking dish)
- 2 cups fruit and nut müesli (uncooked rolled oats, fruit and nuts)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (yes, there are nuts in the müesli, but I love almonds)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (mine was sweetened)
- 1/4 cup (I used toasted pumpkin, sunflower, and flax)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch fresh ground cinnamon
- a few pinches fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raw sugar ( a 1/4 cup if you prefer breakfast a little less sweet)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Measure müesli, almonds, coconut, seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar into a medium bowl, stir, and set aside.
- Whisk egg in a separate medium bowl.
- Add milk, yogurt, and cooled butter to bowl with egg and whisk it all together.
- Add bowl of dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Butter a small baking dish (mine was a rectangular 11 cup glass baking dish) and pour in combined ingredients.
- Bake 20 minutes.