If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Super-strong ginger tea has long been a favorite cold remedy in our house. I can’t believe spiking it didn’t occur to me earlier because doesn't it just cry out for rum? I imagined a dark n' stormy for the winter months, with my tea potion in place of ginger beer. My husband gamely served as the guinea pig as I whipped up three batches to get the proportions right. I used some snazzy Venezuelan rum because that’s what was in the liquor cabinet but Goslings black rum is the classic. - Midge —Midge
Food52 Review: It's ginger tea gone wild -- and stormy! This is a bracing toddy that will clear out your sinuses; it's less of a soother than it is a wake-up call. In fact, it would make for a good mid-morning pick-me-up, if one believed in such things. —Merrill Stubbs
Make the ginger tea
- 2 cups water
- 1 X 1 -inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Pour water into a small saucepan and add cloves. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and add grated ginger and honey. Let steep for about five minutes. Strain and discard the solids.
Prepare two small mugs
- 2 ounces Goslings black rum or favorite dark rum
- 2 lime wedges
- fresh nutmeg, grated
- Pour 1 ounce/jigger of rum and 1/2 cup of hot ginger tea into each mug. Squeeze lime wedge over each drink and dust with nutmeg. Repeat or save the other cup of tea in the fridge for tomorrow.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.