If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 1955 Woman's Home Companion Cook Book —amanda.renee
Serves 12 to 15
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup blackberries, halved
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons shortening, melted
- Sift flour; measure; add baking powder, salt and sugar; sift again.
- To sifted dry ingredients add 1 cup fresh blackberries or huckleberries. If frozen berries are used, increase flour by 2 tablespoons.
- Combine egg, milk and melted shortening (slightly cooled); pour into flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Do not beat.
- Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full and bake in a hot oven (400 degrees F.) 20 to 25 minutes. Makes 12-15 medium-sized muffins.
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.