If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Black tea blended with orange rinds and sweet spices, a favorite of mine, Constant Comment. Ruth Bigelow developed her blend based on a popular recipe from Southern colonial America and reported chatter amongst friends and their guests; “Ruth, your tea caused nothing but constant comment,” gave Mrs. Bigelow a name for her creation!
During the chilly holiday season I stop by Pikes Place Market to warm up with my favorite hot tea combined with orange liqueur. This toddy kicks it up a bit; a perfectly spiced, holiday libation, and if you need an excuse any other time of year, hot toddy is believed to have a curative effect on a sore throat and the sniffles...Cheers!
Food52 Review: Having forgotten to buy Constant Comment, I used Trader Joe's Vanilla & Cinnamon Black Tea, which I thought an acceptable substitute. The lemon juice came from my Meyer lemons. I made two versions of this hot drink, one with the bourbon and one using just the Grand Marnier. Both were warming and not overly sweet. Being a lightweight, I shared the "full strength" toddy with my husband. Thumbs up! - Lizthechef
Makes one hot toddy
- 3 ounces Bigelow Constant Comment
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or honey, optional)
- 1-1/2 ounces Bulleit Bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- Lemon or Orange for garnish
- Make a teapot of Constant Comment Tea, keep it warmed.
- In a teacup stir and dissolve the tea, lemon & agave.
- Stir in the Bulleit Bourbon and the Grand Marnier.
- While sipping, add tea to keep the toddy warm - optional.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Wedding registry must haves.
Make better cookies.