Author Notes: While at a bar where they were giving out free whiskey drinks--much to my whiskey-hating dismay--I consulted the bartender about making me a hot toddy, the only whiskey drink I like. He didnt have any hot water, but this was his answer. I have to say I might be a whiskey convert after this drink. And even in the Denver winter, I did not miss the heat in this drink. - NicoleQ23
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed OJ
- 1/3 cup soda water
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 shot whiskey of your choosing, I prefer a sweeter bourbon like Bulleit
- Combine ingredients to taste. The measurements arent exact, as I'm a former bartender as well and would technically use sight more than measurement to know what I like. I mean, at the requests of my whiskey-loving friends, it's MORE WHISKEY, LESS JUICE. Sooo whatever suits ya, I'm on the same experimental sea :)
- Shake intensely over ice. This froths up the mixture nicely. Pour into highball glass over ice, serve with a slice of orange.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy