If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a family favorite that you can make from your cupboard in the dead of winter featuring native Minnesotan wild rice. - Xcskier20
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add garlic and cook around a minute until golden. Then, add onion and sugar, cooking 15-20 minutes until caramelized.
- Pour both types of rice and 4 cups chicken stock into the pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer 20 minutes.
- Add lentils and 2 more cups of stock. Let simmer for 20-25 more minutes until the rice and lentils are fully cooked and stock is evaporated. You can add in extra water by the half cup if you lentils dry up too soon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.