If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yesterday, the northeast was hit with quite the blizzard and I couldn’t help but think thiscalled for some good old fashioned comfort food with a twist. Truffle oil grilled cheese anyone? After getting tangled in the world wide web of food and recipes, I noticed that Fontina cheese and mushrooms were quite the popular combination for this sandwich. So, I decided to stick with what works, but also add some fresh grated Parmesan, since I happened to have a wedge in the fridge. And to make this meal complete and balance out the richness of the cheese, I added a peppery arugula salad simply dressed in a lemon and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette.
Creamy melted Fontina and Parmesan cheese + crunchy whole grain bread + woody mushroom flesh + white truffle essence = snowy day indulgent perfection. —KarmaCucina
White Truffle Grilled Cheese
- 6 ounces Baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 ounces oyster mushrooms, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh coarsely shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 slices crusty whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- sea salt
- Preheat panini press. Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a medium bowl and let cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Drain any accumulated juices from the bowl and discard.
- Use your hands to toss mushrooms with parsley, Fontina, and Parmesan cheese. Mixture should bind together and form a paste-like consistency.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with truffle oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Top dry side of two of the slices of bread with the mushroom and cheese paste. Place dry side of remaining bread down upon this mixture. Press sandwiches on panini grill approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown and all the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Simple Arugula Salad
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- Combine all ingredients except arugula in a small bowl. Whisk until emulsified. Place arugula in a medium bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing.
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.