If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Drawing from inspiration from the 'Your Best Potato Pancake' theme a few weeks ago, I created lentil cakes. I also felt compelled to add a Southern flare in one of my dishes this week, so I decided to add a Cajun dressing to awake the senses! One can serve these cakes + dressing on top of a lovely bed of mixed greens (collards included) or on their own as a side/snack. - Table9
- 1 cup Cooked Lentils
- 1 Fresh Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1/8 cup Whole Corn Kernels
- 1/4 cup Shallots, Minced
- 1 Carrot, Peeled and Minced
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1/4 Unsalted Butter
- Dash of Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Creole Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Dash of Tabasco to Taste
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a small skillet and add the shallots, carrot and garlic clove. Cook until soft, should only take a few minutes. When cooked, set aside in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- To the large bowl add the beaten egg + egg white, lentils, corn kernels, panko, and cilantro. The mixture should be a bit wet. Form into tablespoon size balls. With your hands press each ball into a patty, about a half-inch thick.While making the patties, reheat your skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties. Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown.
- For the aoili: In a blender puree egg, mustard and vinegar. With motor running pour oil through the tube until desired consistency is reached. Add parsley, honey, salt, tabasco,cayenne and pulse to blend.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.