If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love how the sweetness of the miso and mirin balance the earthiness of the lentils -- and how the wasabi adds a little pungency at the end. Who doesn't love a little wake up call for their sinuses? Serve it over brown rice for a quick and nutritious weekday meal -- but it's also special enough to serve as a dinner party first course. - vrunka
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12-16 shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 2 cups shredded greens (chard, kale or collards)
- sesame seeds
- sliced green onions
- Bring about a quart of water up to a boil and add the lentils. Reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook until soft, about 30 minutes. When they're done, drain off any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, whisk together miso, mirin, wasabi, sesame oil and vinegar along with a couple tablespoons of warm water.
- When the lentils are done, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp lentils, greens. Saute for about 30 seconds then add miso mixture, sauteing for about 3-5 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve right away topped with sesame seeds and green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!