If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Years ago I was having some friends over and needed a dish to serve. I was craving a BLT sandwich, and in one of those light bulb moments, I decided to make a BLT salad. It was a big hit with everyone! - CherylDLee
Serves 12 - 15
- 4 pieces bacon, preferably thick slices
- 2 cups green or black lentils
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound mini heirloom tomatoes, or other small tomatoes
- Slice the bacon into strips. In a medium skillet cook the bacon pieces until crisp, then reserve. Meanwhile cook the lentils about 15 - 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour the bacon grease into a measuring cup. If you have less than 1/4 cup, add olive oil to bring the level up to 1/4 cup. Return the grease to the pan.
- Carefully add the balsamic vinegar, salt and thyme. Whisk the dressing, making sure to loosen any bits stuck to the pan. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Drain the cooked lentils and place into a large bowl. Pour the hot dressing over the hot lentils, and mix well. Let the lentils cool to room temperature.
- Halve or quarter the tomatoes, depending on the size. Once the lentils are cooled, stir in the reserved bacon and the tomatoes. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.