If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My best friend Iara, from Porto Alegre introduced me to this drink while we were in graduate school. This is the very simple way she made it. —Sagegreen
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice (can have some lemon and orange juice mixed in)
- 2 ounces cachaca (or white rum)
- 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar, to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- lime slice as garnish
- two lemon verbena or basil leaves
- Add the first four ingredients to a shaker. Muddle in an optional herbal leaf. Shake well. Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh lime or lemon and an herbal leaf. Saúde!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Yes, You (Beer) Can
The trials, tribulations, and success of a tricky chicken
The invincible beer can chicken.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.