If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very easy and remarkably flavorful salsa. The roasted tomatillos and chipotles give a great smoky flavor. —anjoma606
Makes one quart
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and washed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 chipotles en adobo
- 1 fresh jalapeno chili
- 14.5 ounces can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and tough stems removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Broil the tomatillos on a sheet pan, 3 to 4 inches from heat, until all sides are browned and beginning to blacken. This takes up to 10 minutes. Remove from broiler and set aside.
- Put garlic cloves, chipotles and jalapeno pepper into the bowl of a food processor. For less heat, remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeno. Otherwise, leave it all in. Process until finely minced.
- Add the tomatillos, tomatoes, cilantro and salt to the food processor. Process until you reach the consistency you like.
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.