If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious slow cooked short ribs and hearty vegetables in a wine sauce. —Eat,Knit,Grow
- 2 pounds Boneless Beef Short Ribs
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Turnips
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pound Egg Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- In a large skillet heat the oil over high heat.
- Rub the short ribs with brown sugar, lightly salt and pepper them. Brown the ribs on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Chop the onion, turnips (peeled) and zucchini, put in the slow cooker. Mince the garlic and the shallots and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the wine, stock, vinegar, Worcestershire and soy sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Top with the short ribs and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving, cook the egg noodles to package directions.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, stirring to prevent burning. Whisk the flour into the butter.
- Add about 1 1/2 cups (rough, no need to measure) of the liquids from the slow cooker to the rue, then bring to a boil. Reduce to low and cook, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve meat and veggies over egg noodles and topped with the thickened sauce
Tags: Slow Cooking
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.