Author Notes: Earlier this year I had a serious craving for Veal Marsala, I enjoyed what I made so much that I have been fooling around with different proteins to see what else works with my basic Marsala recipe. This is one was a bit of a stretch but it's become a household favorite. I like serving it over mashed potatoes, but I think egg noodles or rice would also compliment it well. - MjrScoop
- 4 Beef Short Ribs on the bone
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 splash Truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Liberally salt your ribs on all sides, and heat evoo in a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Working in two batches brown ribs on all sides.
- Remove ribs from the pot and set aside, reduce heat to medium and add shallots and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic to pot and cook until fragrant 30 seconds- 1 minute.
- Add Mushrooms and cook until they have started to release their moisture, about 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to high and add marsala wine, scraping the bottom of the pot to free up all the tasty bits stuck there.
- When wine starts to reduce, bring down heat to low and add short ribs, pepper, and a drizzle of truffle oil.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until meat is falling away from the bone. Turning the meat halfway through cooking.
- When ribs are done remove them from the pot and set aside, add butter to pan and raise heat to high, stir frequently and reduce liquid by half.
- Remove ribs from the bone and return to pot. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
Tags: comfort food