Author Notes: This is super refreshing and super healthy salad. It is a perfect compliment to BBQ or spicy meat dish. The one thing that I do know is that every time I make it, someone asks me for the recipe. It holds great and I make it up a lot just to have something healthy around to snack on. It can be made ahead for a party as well. I use a mandoline and make quick work of preparation. - MyCommunalTable
- 1 cup apple, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated on a microplane
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, (organic if possible)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice all the ingredients up and place in bowl.
- Add vinegar and oil. Toss together.
- Season to taste.
- Chill and serve when desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples