If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As we conspired on apple salad recipes, this was the first salad we finished. We combined a raita with a tzatziki for our concept. Along the way we adjusted the herbs and spices. —Ginger's Kitchen
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, fage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel green fronds
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- zest from 1 key lime
- juice from 1 key lime
- 12 ounces diced green apple, skin on
- 3 ounces fresh fennel bulb chopped
- 3 ounces chopped red onions
- 3 ounces chopped celeriac, matchstick style
- fresh fennel fronds for garnish
- In a medium bowl add the yogurt. Add the cumin, salt, and cayenne. Stir in the fresh herbs. Stir in the lime zest.
- Pour the lime juice over the green apple, fennel, red onion and celeriac. Mix these in with the yogurt mix. Serve chilled. Garnish with fennel fronds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.