If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad has been a regular staple at family dinners since as far back as I can remember. The tartness of the granny smith apple nicely complements the sweet and earthy flavour of the beetroot. The dressing is sour and creamy, and turns a lovely shade of pink when all mixed together. The result is a fresh and substantial salad that goes well with meat and vegetarian dishes. - mbierlich
- 4 medium beets
- 2 small granny smith apples
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped wallnuts
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- thyme, for garnish (optional)
- Wash the beets thoroughly and place them in boiling water (just enough to ensure they are covered) and boil for 40 minutes to an hour. The beets are ready when you can easily pierce through to the center with a sharp knife.
- When the beets are done allow to cool a little and then peel. Halve then quarter the beets and cut into slices.
- Peel and slice the apples and to the beets.
- For the dressing, mix together the creme fraiche, yogurt, mustard, juice of the lemon, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the beets and apples and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.