If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a slaw with the brightness of tart apples and vinegar, and without the weight of mayo. Infinitely edible! —Laura Minkler
For the slaw
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 cups red cabbage
- 1.25 cups green cabbage
- 1 beet
For the dressing
- .5 cups rice vinegar
- .25 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- Core and thinly slice the apple, unpeeled. Toss with lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Remove outer layers of cabbages and use a large knife to thinly slice into ribbons. Add to apples.
- Wash and grate (with the large holes) the raw beet. Add to apples and cabbage.
- Whisk together the vinegars, mustard, and olive oil. Pour over the slaw and toss well. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper if needed. The flavors age nicely if you have the time to let this sit for an hour or two-- or more.
Tags: serves a crowd
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.