If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I suppose the more svelte among us like to have spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti, but I like them together! —mdm
- 1 spaghetti squash
- spaghetti (I use wheat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or so)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3-4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup stock (I use chicken, but veg is perfectly fine, too)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the squash for about an hour at 375 degrees (halved and seeds removed, or you can do it whole, piercing holes in it all over).
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Saute garlic in olive oil, just a couple of minutes.
- Toss the pasta and oil/garlic. Add shredded squash, tomatoes, capers and chicken stock. Adjust proportions depending on how big the squash is.
- Heat on stovetop until pasta absorbs liquid, add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle a bit of olive oil. Add grated cheese, if you like.