Author Notes: I had a gigantic homegrown spaghetti squash to use so this is what I came up with -- simple and delicious! - mdm
- 1 spaghetti squash
- spaghetti (I use wheat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or so)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3-4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup stock (I use chicken, but veg is perfectly fine, too)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the squash for about an hour at 375 degrees (halved and seeds removed, or you can do it whole, piercing holes in it all over).
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Saute garlic in olive oil, just a couple of minutes.
- Toss the pasta and oil/garlic. Add shredded squash, tomatoes, capers and chicken stock. Adjust proportions depending on how big the squash is.
- Heat on stovetop until pasta absorbs liquid, add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle a bit of olive oil. Add grated cheese, if you like.