If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is something I usually make in the summertime because I can make it up ahead of time, layer it and then dress it right before I serve it. This is a decadent salad with a lighter dressing. It's definately a crowd pleaser! - makeelan
- 2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 slices thick cut applewood smoked bacon
- 1 cup Fiji or pink lady apples, chopped
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 head baby lettuce, chopped
- 1 head of hearts of romain lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries or cranberries
- 1 pound pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Directions To make the blue cheese dressing, process the garlic in a food processor and then add the remaining ingredients and blend well. Set aside in the refrigerator. To make the candied pecans, combine all the ingredients except for the pecans and simmer for 4 minutes, until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans and mix until all the pecans are coated well. Spread the pecans (trying to separate them as much as possible) on wax paper to harden. Once the pecans are hardened, break apart. Let cool. This recipe will make more candied pecans that you need for this recipe but they are delicious as a snack. To make the salad, layer the lettuces first in a large bowl and then top with the bacon, apple, onion, tomatoes, cranberries and then the pecans. Toss well with the blue cheese dressing. Serves 8
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
A Street Food Star
The one-pot, Indian dish you've been waiting for.
Kothu paratha: one-upping one-pot meals.
Memorial Day made easy.
All you need for Memorial Day.
We need your help!
Mortar and pestle perfection.