If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just 4 basic ingredients – apple, beetroot, orange and raw spinach.
This salad is exactly what it says – it’s a mixture of ingredients that cleanses and detoxes your body.
It’s the kind of salad your body craves for the day after a party with lots of food and wine. It gives your digestive system a break!. - Maria Teresa Jorge
- 2 handfuls raw baby spinach
- 2 small or 1 large green apple
- 1 orange
- 2 small roasted or boiled beetroot cut in pieces
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Wash the baby spinach and pat dry with a kitchen towl. Set aside.
- Wash the apple very well. Keep the apple whole and hold the part with the stem. Cut the whole apple very thinly on a mandolin with a straight blade, with seeds and all (the pectin in the seeds is really good for your body).
- Beetroot – I prefer to roast the beetroot but you can use boiled or pre-cooked. After cooked, discard any peel or stem parts. Cut in irregular pieces and put them in kitchen paper towel to absorb any extra juices. Set aside.
- Peel the orange cutting right down to the flesh and removing the skin and all the white pith. Hold the orange in one hand over a bowl and using a sharp knife, cut between the membranes and put the orange wedges in the bowl. Squeeze the juice that is left in the membranes in the bowl.
- Put a handful of spinach on a plate. Add the round apple slices making a flower.
- Add half the beetroot and half the orange segments.
- Drizzle lightly with Olive Oil, the orange juice and a little balsamic glaze.Add a pinch of salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.