If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am from Minnesota where wild rice is not a luxury, but a staple. I love the crunchy substance of the rice mixed with a variety of little surprises--a bite of protein, a whole pecan, a bit of cheese and apple. Yum! —Kate55
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 cups celery
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 3 cups chicken broth
- .5 cups apple cider
- .25 cups olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add wild rice and cook until kernels open, about 45-60 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Add chicken, chopped scallions, celery and apples to wild rice.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking olive oil into apple cider and lemon juice. Once oil is incorporated, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing into rice and top with crumbled blue cheese and pecans.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.