If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love combining sweet and savory in salads and that is where the idea for this dish came from. Dried fruits and nuts are a must in most of my salads, I love the texture and crunch they have and the wonderful contrast they give to the freshness of fruits and vegetables.
for the chive dressing
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a blender, add in the garlic, Champagne vinegar, creme fraiche, honey, chives, salt, and pepper. Blend until combined.
- With the blender still on, through the top, stream in the olive oil. Blend until combined. Taste for salt and pepper. Set aside.
for the chopped salad
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 Hass avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 english cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup green raisins
- 1/4-1/2 cups (depending on how much cheese you like in your salad) crumbled gorgonzola cheese, at room temperature
- chive dressing (recipe above)
- salt and black pepper, if necessary
- chopped chives, for garnish, optional
- Toss the apple and avocado in the lemon juice so they don't oxidize. Then, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss with the chive dressing. You may not have to use all of the dressing, it depends on how you like your salad. I don't like mine too wet. If necessary, add extra salt and pepper. Garnish with some chopped chives. This salad can be made up to 3-4 hours in advance. If you are making the salad in advance add in the room temperature gorgonzola when you serve the salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples