If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love figs. I love olives. I always have a good supply of both on hand. I wanted a spread to go with crostini for an impromptu gathering one evening, and I went searching to see what I had in my pantry. I came out with a jar of Kalamata olives, a jar of big, green, pimiento-stuffed martini olives, and a box of dried Mission figs. Fifteen minutes later, I had this tapenade, and I still have people asking for the recipe. - Kayb
Food52 Review: This is our new throw-together-10-minutes-before-the-guests-show-up appetizer. The figs and olives strike a lovely balance of savory and sweet, with the balsamic vinegar adding twang and the rosemary anchoring the spread with its woodsy scent. We made ours in a food processor and loved the fine texture, but chop it all rustic-like if you prefer. Crackers or crostini are a must, but serve it with fresh goat cheese (or parmesan, or blue) for even more party karma. - A&M - The Editors
Serves 8 as a party snack
- 4 ounces dried figs
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Mince figs and olives finely (or, if you prefer a finer texture, pulse a few times in the food processor).
- Add rosemary, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil and mix (or process). You may need to add a little more olive oil to get to the texture and consistency you want.
- Serve as a dip or spread with crostini and crackers. I like to serve it alongside goat cheese.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.