Author Notes: I grew up in Texas eating all my Tex-Mex favorites including the traditional guacamole with tomato, onion, peppers and cilantro. I still love it. But when I moved to California a few years ago, I was introduced to several "guacamoles" that had very little in common with the original except for the use of avocados. This is my favorite California version. I make it often and I still serve it with tortilla chips! - Robin O'D
- 8 Ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Block of feta cheese
- 1/2 Bunch of fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- dashes Garlic salt
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Peel the avocados and mash them into a chunky texture.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and blend gently.
- Crumble the feta into bite-size pieces and add to the avocados along with the roughly chopped basil leaves and garlic salt.
- Blend together gently once more. Serve with tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip