If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A creamy, colorful hummus...Curry powder adds spark and tahini and garlic give it a smooth finish... - CathyB@brightbakes
Makes 3 cups
- 2 large, sweet red peppers, roasted (if fresh, see note)
- 2 cans garbanzo beans(chickpeas) well rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Paprika, for finishing
- If you're roasting your own peppers: (Simply broil them about 4 inches from the heat until skins are blistered, rotating and turning until all sides are blackened. Immediately place the peppers in a bowl, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes or so. Peel off and discard the blackened skin and remove stems and seeds.)
- Place the peppers in food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until blended and very fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl halfway through. Scrape into a container,drizzle liberally with olive oil and dust with paprika.
- Serve with fresh veggies, pita chips, or flatbreads, for dipping.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!