Author Notes: A creamy, colorful hummus...Curry powder adds spark and tahini and garlic give it a smooth finish... - CathyB@brightbakes
Makes 3 cups
- 2 large, sweet red peppers, roasted (if fresh, see note)
- 2 cans garbanzo beans(chickpeas) well rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Paprika, for finishing
- If you're roasting your own peppers: (Simply broil them about 4 inches from the heat until skins are blistered, rotating and turning until all sides are blackened. Immediately place the peppers in a bowl, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes or so. Peel off and discard the blackened skin and remove stems and seeds.)
- Place the peppers in food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until blended and very fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl halfway through. Scrape into a container,drizzle liberally with olive oil and dust with paprika.
- Serve with fresh veggies, pita chips, or flatbreads, for dipping.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip