If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came from my friend Pearl who spends her summers in Italy. She got the recipe from an Italian friend who got it from someone in New Zealand. Pearl makes great cakes & is very relaxed in her baking, whatever tin you have will do she says. I bake it in a lined 8 inch springform tin.She uses her local extra virgin olive oil. I use whatever EVOO I have at the time.It is the easiest cake to make and quite a large one so its great with vanilla ice cream for a dinner party dessert. —Jaynerly
Makes 1 cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Zest from 3 lemons
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk together the sugar and eggs.
- Mix in the yoghurt.
- Add the olive oil and lemon zest
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour mixture into cake tin.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted into middle of cake.
- While cake is baking mix together the 1/4 cup of sugar & 1/2 cup of lemon juice to make a syrup.
- When the cake is baked, take from the oven and while still hot prick cake surface with a toothpick and pour the lemon syrup over the cake. Leave to cool in the tin.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews is the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Get your shine on.