Author Notes: A jazzed-up, even healthier version of classic guac. High in protein, vitamin C, healthy fats and plenty of flavor, it's perfect for Superbowl-watching boyfriends or kids. Everyone else will love it, too. - thechocolatefig - thechocolatefig
Food52 Review: WHO: thechocolatefig is a student in San Fransisco.
WHAT: Your classic guacamole takes a frolic through a springtime pasture, and comes back refreshed.
HOW: Dump your ingredients in a food processor and press "on."
WHY WE LOVE IT: With thechocolatefig's clever move -- adding peas to guacamole -- you gain the sweet, fresh taste of the vegetable without taking away from the classic. We'll be making this all summer long. Sometimes, it's easy being green! - Food52
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or thawed
- 1 large handful cilantro
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, pulse green peas, ginger and garlic until evenly combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip