If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A jazzed-up, even healthier version of classic guac. High in protein, vitamin C, healthy fats and plenty of flavor, it's perfect for Superbowl-watching boyfriends or kids. Everyone else will love it, too. - thechocolatefig - thechocolatefig
Food52 Review: WHO: thechocolatefig is a student in San Fransisco.
WHAT: Your classic guacamole takes a frolic through a springtime pasture, and comes back refreshed.
HOW: Dump your ingredients in a food processor and press "on."
WHY WE LOVE IT: With thechocolatefig's clever move -- adding peas to guacamole -- you gain the sweet, fresh taste of the vegetable without taking away from the classic. We'll be making this all summer long. Sometimes, it's easy being green! - Food52
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or thawed
- 1 large handfuls cilantro
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, pulse green peas, ginger and garlic until evenly combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip