If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My last office had a cafeteria on the first flood, and one day, they circulated an e-mail menu with one of the offerings for the day being hot dogs with jalapeno relish. I'm normally very picky about hot dogs, but that caught my attention. It was so good, I later asked for the recipe, but the chef said he just threw some stuff together and wasn't sure what he had done. This is my version, and everyone goes crazy over it. —chris_coyle
Serves a crowd
- 4 Fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 Large vidalia onion
- 1 Large carrot
- 1 Cucumber (or 2-3 pickling cukes)
- 1 Tomato
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup White vinegar
- Seed, grill, and finely dice the jalapenos;
- Fine dice the onion, carrot and cucumber (I prefer the pickling cukes for their firmer texture and fewer seeds);
- Remove the seeds/liquid from the tomato and fine dice the flesh;
- Toss the veggies in a bowl with the lemon juice, cilantro and vinegar;
- Chill until ready to serve;
- Serve either with hot dogs as a relish or with tortilla scoops like a salsa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.