If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple, yet delicious dip has been a staple at many of the dinner parties and get-togethers I attended while growing up. The New Mexican green chile is the highlight of this dip, as it is in most of the state's cuisine, and makes much more of an impact if freshly roasted chiles are used instead of canned. When paired with fresh corn tortilla chips, this queso is the perfect starter for a true New Mexican meal. - Katie
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Small onion- finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic- minced
- 1 cup Chopped Roasted Green Chiles-
- 1 20 oz jar Herdez Salsa Verde (green)
- 1 Bunch chopped cilantro (about a handful- no stems).
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat butter in skillet, add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender.
- Once onion is translucent, add Herdez salsa, chopped green chiles, cilantro, salt and pepper to skillet. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Add cream cheese. When cream cheese melts, add cream and heat thoroughly- do not boil.
- Once warm, serve immediately with fresh corn tortilla chips. Great Party Dip!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.