If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was slogging up the remains of Putanesca Sauce with a bread heel the other day during Staff Meal, when it hit me…um YUMM, this would be amazing as a salsa, spicy, chunky tangy…totally the thing for my next snack party, solo or otherwise. - Aliwaks
Food52 Review: This is a zingy dip full of personality. I'm a big fan of puttanesca on pasta and now I love it as a dip, too. I added more anchovies and red pepper, but follow your taste. One thing to be aware of is that it's a very chunky dip so you need a very stout chip to deliver the goods. The pecorino pitas certainly fit the bill. —vrunka
- 2 cups chopped, seeded, charred tomato or drained fire roasted canned
- 1/2 cup ½ cup rinsed salt brined capers
- 1/2 cup ½ cup olive oil (or less)
- 2 cloves minced garlic (or more)
- 1 anchovy filet (or more)
- 1 teaspoon more red pepper flakes (or more)
- 1 cup chopped pitted olives, kalamata or other falvorful olives, mix of green & black esp nice NO CANNED BLACK OLIVES
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian Parsley (sorry Amanda)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- To Char a Tomato in the house: take a fresh tomato, pick it up with snug fitting tongs, hold over open flame of gar stove, let skin char Cut off top, squeeze lightly to get out the pits etc, Chop & salt immediately, Alternatively open a can of fire roasted dice tomatoes, drain, reserve juice for another use
- Heat olive oil in saute pan till it shimmers, add capers, watch carefully, when they open like the little flower buds that they are turn off heat. Stir in mashed anchovy filet , garlic & red pepper, let sit till cool.
- Mix together tomatoes, olives, lemon zest & onion
- Whisk vinegar in to olive oil/garlic etc
- Pour over tomatoes etc, taste season as needed let sit at least 10 minutes before serving
- Stir in parsley just before serving.
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 large pitas whole wheat or regular cut into 16th
- mix together cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, marjoram & ground pepper
- Toss pita triangles with mixture
- Bake on rack over cookie sheet at 350 till crisp (@ 10-12 minutes)
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.